Written by Tammie White, Principal Broker/Owner of Franklin Homes Realty LLC
Thinking of selling your Franklin TN home? While we are currently in a seller's market, properly pricing and preparing your home for sale is crucial. Make sure you do all you can prior to listing your home and chances are it will be sold before you know it.
Follow these 5 tips to selling your Franklin TN home quickly:
1. Price it Right – Price is determined by your local real estate market, not by your REALTOR®, and not by you. When you insist that your property be priced above the current market value, your property will not sell. When real estate agents agree to such tactics, it’s called buying the listing. They agree to your price just to get the listing. Once they secure the listing, they continuously ask for price reductions. It is so important to price your home right in the beginning. It is a proven fact that you will receive the largest number of showings on your property in the first six weeks on the market. In our current market conditions, you'll undoubtedly get lots of showings the first week if you're priced right.
2. Prepare Your Home to Sell – This refers to the condition and the livability of your house. Is your house in move-in condition? Is there deferred maintenance? Are the walls freshly painted? The carpets recently cleaned or replaced? Are all your appliances and fixtures working? These are all things that must be addressed prior to putting your house on the market. Price it right and prepare it to sell and you'll likely see a quick sale.
3. Hire the Right Agent - Your agent must be qualified and experienced enough to work in the current market. He/she should be knowledgeable in marketing your house to the largest number of buyers. This marketing shouldn't be limited to our local market. Your home should be marketed to a global audience. Buyers are moving here everyday from other parts of the world and country. You want to make sure you hire an agent who understands how to get your house in front of buyers. Having an agent well-versed in on-line marketing and social media is crucial to the quick sale of your Franklin home.
4. Be a Cooperative Seller - Sellers can actually hinder the sale of their property by having unrealistic attitudes about showings and the condition of their home. A seller that limits the number of showings to certain hours or insists that his agent always be present for showings, may limit the number of buyers that actually view the property. A seller also must agree to keep his house in showing condition every day. Beds must be made, dirty dishes need to be washed and put away, bathrooms and kitchens must be clean and rooms need to be de-cluttered. These things factor into a buyer’s decision to make an offer or not.
5. Choose the Right Market Conditions – Market conditions refer to the number of other properties that are currently on the market in your area. The more properties that are on the market, the longer a house takes to sell. Market conditions are also influenced by other factors including, but not limited to, the current economic market, the current unemployment rates, current financing guidelines and Acts of God, such as flooding. If you don't need to sell and the market conditions aren't right to do so, wait. However, those are the times that are usually best to move up in size. Remember, while you may take less on the sale of your home, you're likely to make up the difference when you buy another. That is if you stay in a neighborhood with similar market conditions.
Look at your home through the eyes of a buyer. Each of these areas are all within the control of you as the seller. You are trying to sell your most valuable asset. Why would you want to do anything that would hinder the sale of your home?
Use these 5 tips to selling your Franklin TN home quickly. You'll be happy you did when your agent puts a SOLD sign in the yard.
When you are ready to sell your Franklin TN home,
call Franklin Homes Realty LLC at (615) 495-0752.
About Tammie White, Franklin TN REALTOR®
Tammie White is a REALTOR® and Principal Broker/Owner of Franklin Homes Realty LLC in Franklin TN. Tammie works with relocation buyers looking to purchase a home in Franklin and the surrounding Williamson County area. She understands the way buyers search for homes making her an invaluable asset to Franklin home sellers. Tammie's website, www.FranklinHomesRealty.com, has become the premiere search tool for buyers relocating to Franklin TN. She has been writing a real estate blog since 2009 and quoted in various publications including the LA Times, Skype.com, The Tennessean and Williamson Source.