Written by Tammie White, Principal Broker/Owner of Franklin Homes Realty LLC
The Franklin housing market is booming right now. As a matter of fact, it's unusual to see a house not sell and the listing expire.
Unfortunately, this occurrence is quite common at the luxury home level. In our area, a luxury home is anything in excess of $1M. These homes generally take longer to sell because of a reduced buyer pool. However, we believe the majority of these homes remain unsold because of the lack of marketing from their agents.
We believe selling Franklin TN homes by reaching a global market has become a necessity to reach luxury home buyers.
What the numbers reveal.
There are a handful of real estate agents that we see regularly listing luxury properties. Upon careful analysis of one of these agents, we found she had listed 60 luxury homes in the last year. Of that 60, 26 homes didn't sell and expired from the market. An additional 21 of the sellers voluntarily removed their homes from the market and 13 homes successfully made it to the closing table. That means of the 60 homes listed, 47 or 79.3% DID NOT SELL. This agent only closed 13 luxury homes or just 21.7%. Those aren't very good odds in our book.
We began to Google some of the addresses of these UNSOLD properties. We found the usual suspects, Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com, appeared on the Search Engine Results Page. Nowhere in any of the address searches we performed did the listing agent's website or any other internet marketing generated by the agent appear.
Luxury homes buyers aren't limited to our local market.
You may be asking yourself, why does this matter? It matters because luxury buyers are NOT limited to the Nashville area. Luxury buyers are moving here from other parts of the country and world. When they Google luxury properties your house and your listing agent should be showing up in the Google searches. If they aren't, then your agent isn't marketing your property on the internet to a global market.
Selling Franklin TN homes by reaching a global market has become essential.
We are currently working with a $2M home buyer who found us through a Google search. We don't even have a luxury listing right now but we were the agents this buyer contacted. Why? Because we dominate the search engines for many Franklin TN neighborhood searches, including your luxury neighborhood.
What does it mean to "reach a global market"?
Real estate isn't local anymore. The advent of the internet has changed the way people buy homes. Now, they can search for homes without ever contacting a real estate agent.
Agents who may have been around for many years, are unaccustom to selling real estate in this new arena. They still use the old-school ways of getting your home sold. That flashy magazine ad may look impressive to you but how many home buyers is it actually reaching? Are the people seeing it, even in the market to buy?
That fancy brochure they've produced sure looks nice sitting on your kitchen counter but the only buyers who will ever see it are already in the home.
What is your agent doing to get your home in front of the masses?
What is Franklin Homes Realty doing to reach a global market:
- Website: When a home buyer enters a search term, Google wants to send them to an authority on the subject. Using a rather complicated algorithm, Google determines the websites that have the most reliable information to refer that person to. We have created thousands of web pages on our site to address issues concerning buyers and sellers. Google tracks the number of people who click on our site and how long they stay there. Based upon this, they are able to determine whether we provide relevent information to consumers. Our website generates 30,000 hits a month from buyers all over the world who are looking to buy a Franklin TN home. This increased traffic puts your luxury home in front of buyers. We've made it extremely easy for them to find your home.
- Real Estate Blog: Since 2009, Tammie White the Principal Broker/Owner of Franklin Homes Realty LLC has been providing information to buyers and sellers through blogging. Tammie has written over 2,000 articles with 1,632,574 views by consumers. That's a whole lot of people reading Tammie's blog. She uses blogging to promote our listings. When one of our listings hit the market, you can bet we are going to rank in the search engines for that property. It won't be a needle in a national website haystack.
- YouTube: YouTube is owned by Google. Google therefore loves YouTube video and ranks those highly. We don't know one luxury agent using this type of marketing to sell their homes. It can be expensive to do but with the commissions these agents are making, every agent should be producing this type of marketing for their Franklin luxury home sellers.
- Social Media: You may not be interested in social media but many luxury buyers under the age of 40 use this technology. And yes, they are using it to view homes. You personally don't need to be using these venues but you want ads to appear on these sites leading to your property. Did you know that you can target a Facebook ad to certain demographics such as age and income? That's right Facebook tracts all this information and is able to target ads to these buyers. Then there's Pinterest--one of the fastest growing social media sites online today. It's a great place to have your property shared all over the internet.
- Single-property Website: Our local MLS only allows 20 photographs. That's nothing when you've got a 7,000 square foot home. Single-property websites give us the ability to display as many photos are we like. We usually include 60-70 photos. The link above shows a property where we used 80 photos, including twilight photos of their fire pit. This wasn't even a luxury home but it's easy to see how our enhanced professional photography garnered the attention of an out-of-state buyer. We'll do the same for your Franklin luxury home.
These are just a few of the ways we market your Franklin TN luxury home to be seen by a global market. You won't find any other agents in town doing this type of marketing. You owe it to yourself to take advantage of every opportunity to sell your home. Who knows? That Franklin TN luxury buyer may be just around the internet corner.
We are selling Franklin TN luxury homes by reaching a global market. When you're ready to sell your Franklin luxury home,
call Franklin Homes Realty LLC at (615) 495-0752.
Photo provided courtesy of Freedigitalphotos.net.
About Tammie White, Franklin TN REALTOR®
Tammie White is a REALTOR® and Principal Broker/Owner of Franklin Homes Realty LLC in Franklin TN. Tammie works with relocation buyers looking to purchase a home in Franklin and the surrounding Williamson County area. She understands the way buyers search for homes making her an invaluable asset to Franklin home sellers. Tammie's website, www.FranklinHomesRealty.com, has become the premiere search tool for buyers relocating to Franklin TN. She has been writing a real estate blog since 2009 and quoted in various publications including the LA Times, Skype.com, The Tennessean and Williamson Source.